Standard Mental Health First Aid Course
Learn skills and gain confidence to assist friends, family and co-workers experiencing mental health problems. Mental health first aid is the help provided to a person who is developing a mental
Learn skills and gain confidence to assist friends, family and co-workers experiencing mental health problems.
Mental health first aid is the help provided to a person who is developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. The firs aid is given until the appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves.
- 12-hour Standard Mental Health First Aid (SMHFA) course
- Course topics cover:
- developing mental health problems
- anxiety problems
- psychosis and substance use problems
- suicide and other mental health crisis
- Participants must purchase a copy of the Standard MHFA manual at own cost
- Participants are eligible to become an accredited Mental Health First Aider
- Participants will learn the signs and symptoms of mental health problems, where and how to get help and what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective.
Location: Nambour General Hospital, Block 3 Seminar Room South, Level 4
Date: Thursday 11 – Friday 12 February 2021, 8.30am – 3.30pm
Price: Cost for MHFA 4th Edition manual – when you register you will be sent an email with details of how to purchase the manual
MHFA Instructor: Rod Buchner
Contact Number: Lee Galli (07) 5202 9693 or email SC-MHET@health.qld.gov.au
Additional Information: Capped at 18 participants
Course capped at 18 participants – All participants MUST register on Eventbrite for Day 1 and Day 2 to complete the course.
Register on Eventbrite for Day 1: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/mental-health-first-aid-mhfa-day-1-tickets-133801972301
Register on Eventbrite for Day 2: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/mental-health-first-aid-mhfa-day-2-tickets-133803573089
Tea and coffee provided. Please bring own lunch – fridge available.
11 (Thursday) 8:30 am - 12 (Friday) 3:30 pm AEST