Advanced Training in Suicide Prevention
Duration: 6 hours, plus morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. Program Outline: This workshop aims to increase health professionals’ skill and confidence in detailed suicide history and developing a collaborative management
6 hours, plus morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
This workshop aims to increase health professionals’ skill and confidence in detailed suicide history and developing a collaborative management plan to increase the safety of people planning suicide. It also provides practical tools for health professionals managing the full spectrum of suicide risk presentations including the acute suicidal crisis, care after a suicide attempt and assisting families experiencing suicide bereavement.
- 40 Accredited Activity CPD points (RACGP)
- 4 Performance review, 4 Educational Activity PRPD (ACRRM)
- Mental Health CPD (GPMHSC)
- 1 MOPS point
- 6 hours CPD (Psychologists)
This workshop is eligible for one day of funding under the Emergency Medicine component of the Rural Procedural Grants Program (GPs).
Completion of predisposing activity.
GP Registrars, GPs, Multi-disciplinary, Psychologist, Social Workers, Other mental health professionals.
- Topic 1 – Suicide and Stigma
- Topic 2 – The Suicidal Crisis
- Topic 3 – Acute Management
- Topic 4 – After the Attempt
- Topic 5 – Bereaved by Suicide
- Undertake a suicide risk assessment effectively
- Develop a collaborative safety plan
- Implement a team approach to treatment planning
- Provide effective management following a suicide attempt
- Respond to the needs of people bereaved by suicide.
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm AEST