Contraceptive Implant (Implanon NXT®) Insertion & Removal Training
This interactive course aims to provide theoretical and simulated training in the insertion and removal of the contraceptive implant, Implanon NXT®, and provide product knowledge and patient counselling. The course
This interactive course aims to provide theoretical and simulated training in the insertion and removal of the contraceptive implant, Implanon NXT®, and provide product knowledge and patient counselling. The course may consist of ~2 hours of online theory and ~30 minutes of face-to-face simulation practice, or 1 hour presentation followed by 1 hour of simulation practice, all face to face.
- Online theory course
- Face-to-face simulation practice in Brisbane
- Please note: To attend a face-to-face course at True, you are required to be up-to-date with your COVID-19 vaccination in line with current government guidelines.
Online, distance education available for this course. Click here for more information.
Who should register?
General practitioners, GP registrars, international medical graduates, registered nurses, registered midwives, or nurse practitioners.
- Current AHPRA registration
- Prior experience in local anaesthetic administration
- Up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination status in line with current government guidelines
- For nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and registered midwives: must ensure Implanon NXT® insertion and removal is within scope of practice and have Professional Indemnity Insurance to cover for Implanon NXT® insertion and removal
(Saturday) 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm AEST
Regent Hotel, 192 Bolsover Street, Rockhampton, QLD 4700