Digital Health Security Awareness eLearning course
This free Digital Health Security Awareness course is designed for people who work in a variety of healthcare settings and roles. It includes examples that relate cyber security concepts to people’s
This free Digital Health Security Awareness course is designed for people who work in a variety of healthcare settings and roles. It includes examples that relate cyber security concepts to people’s work in healthcare organisations. The course has been developed by the Agency’s cyber security team, in consultation with representatives from a range of healthcare settings and disciplines, including medicine, nursing, pharmacy, practice management and allied health.
Now, more than ever, it’s important to ensure people who work in healthcare are equipped to recognise and manage security risks. Social distancing requirements introduced in response to COVID-19 have resulted in an increased use of digital solutions to deliver healthcare. At the same time, malicious attackers have launched new attacks, many of which are related to COVID-19.
The Digital Health Security Awareness eLearning course includes five modules:
- Introduction to security awareness
- Think before you click
- Network and device security
- Respond. Report. Protect Privacy.
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe common cyber security risks and recognise that they are continually evolving
- Adopt positive security behaviours to protect sensitive information
- Identify ways to reduce the likelihood of being impacted by cyber security threats
- Outline what to do in the case of a cyber security incident
- Identify key legislation and data breach reporting requirements.
Year Around Event (2021)