GP Antenatal Shared Care Workshop
This workshop, presented by Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department, Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service focuses on common presentations and complications in the antenatal, puerperium and postnatal period. The Sunshine Coast Hospital
This workshop, presented by Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department, Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service focuses on common presentations and complications in the antenatal, puerperium and postnatal period.
The Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service recognises the value of collaborative, holistic shared maternity care, combining the varied skills of midwives, general practitioners, and obstetricians to the benefit of patients and the community. This workshop will meet the needs of general practitioners participating in shared antenatal care; however, all general practitioners are welcome to attend.
- Discuss best practice management of common first trimester presentations in general practice, including hyperemesis gravidarum.
- Discuss abnormal combined first trimester screening results and termination of pregnancy.
- Identify and utilise the guidelines for diabetes screening and management during pregnancy.
- Discuss COVID-19 infection in pregnancy.
- Determine the assessment and general practice management of perinatal mental health concerns, including postnatal complications, hospital liaison and de-briefing.
Saturday, 4 March 2023
Registrations from 8.00am for 8.30am education.
Education from 8:30am – 12.30pm AEST
Sunshine Coast Health Institute, Birtinya Qld 4575
Register using the registration link below by 12pm Thursday, 2 March 2023
Central Queensland, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast PHN
Amanda Myles: Workforce Development Project Officer
(Saturday) 8:00 am - 12:30 pm AEST
Sunshine Coast Health Institute, 6 Doherty Street, Birtinya