Healthy Together Project presented by the Primary Care Enhancement Program
Healthy Together Project Delivered by the Primary Care Enhancement Program (for People with Intellectual Disability) About this event 5.45pm Registration,
Healthy Together Project Delivered by the Primary Care Enhancement Program (for People with Intellectual Disability)
About this event
5.45pm Registration, Networking and Dinner
6pm – 6.45pm NDIA Access and Eligibility Information Session
Presented by Mark Edmonds, Assistant Director – PHN/Community Engagement Branch, NDIA
- NDIS eligibility
- ARF Section 2 and Supporting Evidence Form, ‘good verses bad’ evidence
- Substantially reduced functional capacity
- GP Portal (online training with CPD points)
6.45pm – 8.15pm CPD Activity – This education is a CPD Activity under the RACGP CPD Program
Co-facilitated by Council for Intellectual Disability & Parent to Parent Inclusion Australia State Body Queensland
Increase the confidence of health practitioners to promote the best possible health care of clients with intellectual disability through accessing appropriate resources, undertaking care coordination, including liaising with other health and disability professionals and by identifying whole-of-practice reasonable adjustments which are feasible.
- Identify relevant clinical resources to guide best practice when providing primary health care for people with intellectual disability (PWID).
- Discuss appropriate accessible consumer resources to promote best practice when providing health care for PWID.
- Describe adjustments to standard practice that help to overcome barriers to health care commonly experienced by people with intellectual disabilities.
*Please note, researchers from Abt will be visiting our PHN as part of the evaluation (around February 2023 and February 2024) to collect information through interviews, including from primary care providers who have undertaken the training. The PHN and Abt will provide further information closer to the date to invite you to participate in a brief interview.
(Wednesday) 5:45 pm - 8:30 pm