Understanding dementia - online workshop
2-hour online workshop that gives an overview of dementia. For staff in residential aged care and community in the CQWBSC PHN. About this event
2-hour online workshop that gives an overview of dementia. For staff in residential aged care and community in the CQWBSC PHN.
About this event
This online workshop provides an overview of dementia, including signs, symptoms and causes, and an understanding of how dementia affects the brain and behaviour.
You will be encouraged to reflect on your practice and the ways in which this knowledge translates into person-centred support for people living with dementia.
You will gain knowledge in:
- The nature of dementia, including prevalence, risks, types of dementia, how the brain works, and signs of dementia
- A person-centred approach to dementia support, including communication, choice and decision-making
- Resources and services available.
Hosted online via Zoom
This workshop will be held in a virtual classroom session hosted on Zoom.
It will include interactive elements such as polling and break-out rooms.
You will need access to a desktop, laptop or tablet.
Certificate of attendance:
A certificate of attendance will be issued to participants who complete the workshop.
- As this is a small group workshop, it will not be recorded.
- Registrations will close when the workshop capacity has been reached. There is no waitlist.
This event is being delivered in partnership with Dementia Australia and the CCQ. Dementia Training Australia is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Dementia and Aged Care Services Fund.
(Monday) 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm AEST