My Health Record
for healthcare professionals
Through the My Health Record system you can access timely information about your patients such as shared health summaries, discharge summaries, prescription and dispense records, pathology reports and diagnostic imaging reports. The key benefits of the My Health Record system are:
- Avoid adverse drug events
- Enhanced patient self-management
- Improvements in patient outcomes
- Reduce time gathering information
- Avoided duplication of services.
Most software products used in general practice have the functionality to assist patients to register for a My Health Record.
- The Assisted Registration Guide provides important information for practices who wish to register their patients.
- The Assisted Registration Checklist provides a summary of the key steps to prepare for registering patients.
- There are also range of summary sheets with step-by-step instructions for assisting patients to register through clinical software.
When a person’s My Health Record is created, they can choose to have their Medicare data included in their My Health Record.
This can include past (up to two years of prior transactions) and future MBS and PBS (and RPBS) transaction information, their organ donor status (sourced from the Australian Organ Donor Register) and details from their Australian Immunisation Register records.
These records may be viewed individually or in summary via the digital health record Medicare overview.
Healthcare professionals can access patients’ records in the My Health Record system through conformant clinical information systems or via the web-based and read-only Provider Portal.
Understand how to connect and use the My Health Record system to support healthcare.
Not registered yet? Start registration process
Provider portal Log in to Provider Portal
This online training introduces My Health Record and outlines its benefits, features and functionalities.
Clinical software simulators
You can simulate viewing, creating and uploading clinical information to a fictional patient’s My Health Record, as well as carrying out Assisted Registration. There are simulators for Bp Premier, MedicalDirector, Zedmed, Genie, and Communicare.